[OM] OM topics: We have talked about everything, so . . .

Subject: [OM] OM topics: We have talked about everything, so . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 23:58:29 EDT
When I was comparing my lens hood for the 85 mm f2 & 100 f2.8 with the one
that is interchangeable with it but also includes the 40mm f2, I noticed they
weren't the same size.  One was a little longer, taller or deeper however one
chooses to look at it.  Interesting and useless bit of Olympus trivia.
Thought now that might be an interesting thread for the list, "Interesting
Olympus Tid Bits".  Then it occurred to me why not a discussion of something
which actually might produce some interesting results, like what Zuiko do you
have in your kit that is seldom if ever used and why is it still there.
Folks could share which lens it is and why they don't use it and then might
get some suggestions from the list on how others use it or perhaps some
offers to buy or trade it for something else.  It might get some Zuikos
getting adopted out to good homes that would put them to work.  So here goes.
 My least used Zuiko is the 100-200mm f5 zoom.  It fits in between a couple
of other zooms and never leaves the closet.  The 75-150mm fit in almost the
same gap between some other zooms and I use it all the time.  The one I have
is in pristine condition and will likely stay there unless someone can
persuade me to use it.  What do you say fellow Zuikoheads?  Bill Barber