Re: [OM] Re: ( OM) walkaround camera lens (again)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ( OM) walkaround camera lens (again)
From: Andre Goforth <andregoanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:51:38 -0700 (PDT)
--- Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that if I were to be restricted to ONE prime
> lens, it would reduce the
> number of photos .....SNIP

> Depth of field was a a problem
> though even in bright light, with that
lens(100f2).....SNIP

What was the problem you experienced? Which screen
were you using?

A problem I have is with wide angle lens 35 and wider
in focusing them on subject not near to or at
infinity. I had a number of travel shots with a 35 f2
that came out out of focus(not camera shake) like I
was off( I'm pushing gafferhood and maybe need new
eyeglasses though at work I was tested 20 20/10 with
eyeglasses just 3 months ago.)

I use Beattie screens in a 4T. It really came home
this weekend when I was experimenting with a 35-85 f2
zoom. I would focus at 35mm and then zoom to 80 and it
was off by a lot. (a 4 by 6 maybe okay but noticable).

I am going to try using the standard 1-13 screen and
see if this helps.

Anybody else have trouble with focusing wide angles at
5 to 15 feet? Any suggestions(like get a*t* focus)?

Andre