Re: [OM] Wanted: E-20 software

Subject: Re: [OM] Wanted: E-20 software
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:36:26 -0700
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Congratulations on the E-20!

You really don't need any special software at all. The camera will
auto-mount via the USB port on modern OS machines (Wintel and Mac anyway),
or you can simply use a card reader (which many people do).

The "Camedia" software is semi-useless. About all I use it for is a
keep/toss editing tool (and there are countless thumbs programs out there
for that which are better--but it was free since it came with the camera).
It is handy, I guess, for reading the EXIF data in the image files (exposure
data, etc.) but there are free utilities available for that as well.

I guess what I am saying is, if I were you, I wouldn't even waste the money
for a CD copy and postage to get the Camedia CD ;-) (Though if you really
want it, I am sure several of us could help.)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com