[OM] Houston camera show and other conversations

Subject: [OM] Houston camera show and other conversations
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 23:40:48 EDT
My table at the camera show was rather successful as I found new homes for
several  of my lens and other gadgets and doo dads.  I like to figure my net
ball score when I am playing golf (number lost VS number found).  When I
apply that formula to my show activities, my net camera score was zero (sold
one and bought one).  Just what I need, another OM 1.  Oh, well.  Sent to new
homes were a Tamron 70-350, a Tamron SP 60-300mm, a Tamron SP 500 mirror with
2X and case, Vivitar Macro focusing 2X and after the show a 24mm f2.8 Zuiko
went to a list member who knew about what I had at the show.  So far so good
as I replenished my mad money account and cleared out some space in closet.
The universe doesn't like a vacuum, so somebody on the list did a little
enabling and pointed out to the list a Tamron SP 400mm f4 with 2X at what
seemed a reasonable price . . . that one will be winging its way to me in a
few days.  Hope it is as stated, lightly used and in nice condition. Good
thing I bought those two big Zero Halliburton cases at the camera show, I'll
probably need one for this new lens.  The highlight of the show was meeting a
list member who came up and introduced himself as being from the list.  I
didn't recognize his name and after talking with him, he said that he was a
"lurker" and was familiar with me through the list.  Our universe is probably
larger than we think as there are likely many out there who that advantage of
the flow of information and have not yet jumped in and taken part in the
conversations.  I say they are an important part of the list.  By the way, my
net dollars score was on the plus side and unfortunately my net space score
was on the negative side.  How do I explain those two big black suit cases to
momma?  Bill Barber