Re: [OM] scales in m/ft

Subject: Re: [OM] scales in m/ft
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 20:52:42 +0800
Most people forgot the DOF marks on the lens, it is very useful in party.
With a group of people playing, use a wide angle, check the range you want
to cover e.g 6-12 feet, set a proper aperture e.g. F8 and adjust the
focusing distance (in this case around 8 feet) so that the subjects are
within the DOF range then you can proper get what you wanted. It can also
let you know what aperture is needed to cover a certain range. As you have
mentioned, preset a focusing distance can work faster, even AF is too slow
in many cases.

C.H.Ling