Re: [OM] scales in m/ft

Subject: Re: [OM] scales in m/ft
From: "Ralf Loi" <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:39:16 +0200
Or when using a flash in manual mode.

Ralf Loi

<<
They can be useful for DOF measurement related to a particular aperture,
and can also be useful when TTL focussing is almost impossible.

Roger Key

I would just like to know,

Does any of you really bother about the scales in meters or feet on your
lenses. I never look at it, I just look if the subject I want is in focus,
I do nut use my lenses to measure the distance... (for that I use a
meter!). Is this just a relic from pre-slr times, or has it more to it (for
macro?)
Or do you use it to pre-set a distance for faster focussing? (as a kind of
'manual-autofocus' ;)

iwert