Re: [OM] ......Zuiko 50/1.2......

Subject: Re: [OM] ......Zuiko 50/1.2......
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 20:28:28 +0200

> BTW , how is the performance of this lens ? the most flare prone amongst the
> 50s ?

tmlee,

I finally got a 1.1million plus 50mm1.4 last month, and am very pleased with
it. I also have the 50mm f1.2 but I don't use it that much, I don't really
know why... I think because it is quite big and heavy and -this is a maybe-
the aperture ring is smaller in diameter than the focusing ring, so I always
have to fizzle with the aperture, it just does not feel as nice in use as
the 50mm f1.4 in my opinion. Results are good for both, and I realy like the
50mm f1.2 when there is a fun fair going on in town and I want to make
pictures in available darkness, I just use it at 1.2 at that time, no need
to touch the aperture ring!

Hope this brings you closer...

iwert

(yesterday a 55 1.2 went at about 170$ on ebay germany... they appear quite
often there (50 + 55 1.2))