Re: [OM] Junk or treasure

Subject: Re: [OM] Junk or treasure
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 22:01:25 +0200
op 04-10-2002 17:38 schreef AG Schnozz op agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx:

> How do you define "QUALITY" in a lens?

Well,

I have made some real nice pictures with a disposable kodak panorama camera,
refilled with ilford 400 asa B+W film. I was still an architecture student
at that time, and made a paper about childrens playgrounds in Amsterdam.
After hearing the price of a 'real' panoramic camera I decided to go for
this flimsy plastic thing. I made myself a new re-usable aluminium chassis
in which the disposable fitted. The lens produced a lot of flare, but the
pictures were very 'warm' and 'alive', getting them printed properly was
very difficult however, nobody wanted to do it, so I ended up at a
potography class! I scanned them all last year and they look even better,
digitally remastered. This camera was one of my favorites and I have taken
hundreds of photos with it. This was before my OM-itis however!

iwert.

ps funny, when I only had one lens a camera, I never asked me this
question... I knew very well what to expect from them.