Re: [OM] 4/3 system questions

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3 system questions
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 18:40:17 -0700
In a message dated 10/4/2002 Rich writes:

<< Kinda ironic that Ritz Camera is a-digital-eye.com's "Premier Retail
Partner".  Will be interesting to see, if the 4/3 standard proves
successful,
just what Ritz will end up selling. :-) >>

Yes that is rather ironic, I didn't notice that. If the 4/3 system goes
the way I'm dreaming, Ritz could offer Pent*x, Min*lta, F*ji, and K*dak
4/3 cameras to have quite a selection and still not carry Olympus. Let's
not count Sigma out either, if they were start making 4/3 system lenses
and their DSLR doesn't pan out, they could go that way too. Almost
anything is possible still. Only two 35mm camera makers will not embrace
the concept, and that because they are already entrenched in the 35mm
marketplace. For every other 35mm camera maker out there, this is a
chance to become competitive again. Now it remains to be seen how many
want to take that risk along with OlyDakFuj (it's not just an "Olydak"
anymore ;-)...). The next year or two could be fun to watch (and there's
an equal chance disappointing for Olympus fans...but I'm hoping not).
BTW, anyone know where to get the fabled OM-EOS lens adapters just so I
can hedge my bets? <g>

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com