Re: [OM] Good 35mm vs. digital

Subject: Re: [OM] Good 35mm vs. digital
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 14:58:45 -0700
At 09:52 AM 05/10/2002 -0700, Winsor Crosby wrote:

[snip]

According to the gallery person the images were scanned. Pretty amazing scanner.

Quite possibly a drum scanner, which, if the examples I've seen are any indication, is indeed a "pretty amazing scanner." The one my pro buddy owns is a 10,000 dpi unit, with a dynamic range very near that of the film he still occasionally works with.

Garth

What was interesting to me was that in these enlargements that really push the limits, what you seem to see when looking closely, are grain and optical limits; not digital artifacts or pixels.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California