Re: [OM] what's good... OM Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] what's good... OM Lenses
From: "Tim Chakravorty" <suchismit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 19:22:03 -0700
> For me I would  rather have sharpness over contrast, at least for what I do
> with my images

I think you mean you would rather have resolution. Sharpness is basically edge
contrast which is
can be bumped up if the edges are well defined to begin with. Edge defintion
itself however depends
on a lens's ability to faithfully transmit contrast  onto the film, and
generally gets worse as the edges get
physically  closer. (This would correspond to increasing spatial frequency in
the MTF diagram.)
So in a way they are all related.

-Tim