Re: [OM] 35mm film lost the battle against digital ?

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm film lost the battle against digital ?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 12:35:26 +0800
Hi John,

I have mentioned many time here there is a printing system that called
Fuji Frontier (Kodak also has similar machine now), AFSIK they can
print up to 11x14 on true photography paper at a very cheap "cost",
same or similar paper and chemical as most Fuji one hour lab. No
experience technician needed like the enlargement made with tradition
printing (you know it very well it could be very expensive). I'm sure
there is also some large format laser exposure system exist which can
print at much larger size.

On the other hand 300dpi input is good enough for all current inkjets
even the inkjet claimed 720 or 1440dpi they are only single color dot,
not continue tone. As a comparison, most good quality magazine print
at 2450dpi.

C.H.Ling