Re: [OM] 35mm film lost the battle against digital ?

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm film lost the battle against digital ?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:04:38 +0800
I'm pretty confidence that the Nikon 4000ED will give a more details scan
than the Imacon picture he shown to us. The 35mm scan he compared is 1.
slightly overed, 2. lower contrast than the digital picture, 3. highly
compressed with very serious artifacts. If not for the artifacts even with
this scan I think I can do some PS to make it look better or same as the
digital pict. That is another example of what? 3 photography with 75 years
of experience misunderstood about resolution and contrast. Are they don't
know that the file from his DC is sharpened but not the scan? To achieve the
highest display or print quality you always need some adjustment after
scanning, that is a simple rule.

Ok, I just talk about resolution, in other area (like color and grain) a
higher end DC is always the winner. On the other hand even DC is better than
film, I don't think I will enjoy using DC more than film camera, I'm not
just enjoy the result, that is the shooting process, the classic feel of OM
and the film itself I love.

C.H.Ling