Re: [OM] what's good...

Subject: Re: [OM] what's good...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:36:35 -0700
Hi Richard:

It was hard for me to tell, since the "discussion" was in full swing
when I subscribed.  Apparently some thought that Mr. Puts was a tool in
the hands of E. Leitz, some felt he had the resolution vs. contrast
argument wrong, etc.  I think some folks were mad that he didn't
discover the elusive "Leica Glow", that's supposed to be present in
lenses of the 50's and 60's.

Bill Stanke

So they must have used a lot of rare earth glass? I don't think the OMs lenses with rare earth glass ever glowed.

"Leica Glow" sounds like hypnotic suggestion to me. Ineffable qualities only perceived by cognoscenti and imparted to things that cost a lot like $200 speaker wires.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California