Re: [OM] line screens

Subject: Re: [OM] line screens
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 09:43:48 +0800
Hi Bill,

dpi is different from line screen size, 2450dpi is a very old standard
that I seen from books. There is some higher one available, check
below I just found from web:

http://www.deisys.com/

I have seen from some books mentioned that 175 line screen is a common
number for high quality magazine. Scanning ppi is also another thing,
no more than 300ppi is needed usually. May be my info is too old, I
think 425 line screen is a too high number.

Yes, there are some very high investment printing service house in
Hong Kong, I think the technologies were from Japan (I know the
Germany printing machine are quite common and also very good quality)
as Japan are well known in high quality printing here.

C.H.Ling