Re: [OM] OM-2sp service question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2sp service question
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 23:17:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> I also discovered that, if the camera is pointed up, the wind lever will
> wind normally but the lever will only return half way before it gets
> blocked by something.  Return camera to facing forward position and wind
> lever will return the rest of the way.

You could have a broken advance claw in the wind mechanism.  Does the film
advance lever feel "mushy".  On a 2S/3/4 it's possible to crack the advance
claw if the film advance lever is forced too hard.  It usually still works
once the claw breaks, but it doesn't feel right and the lever may not return
all the way.  Eventually it'll stop working alltogether.
                                -mark