RE: [OM] Re: 35mm film lost the battle against digital ? NO WAY

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: 35mm film lost the battle against digital ? NO WAY
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:36:27 -0400
Good points, but I know of many who use Portra and Fuji's pro films.  You
would be surprised.  The film you mention are very esoteric for most people.
Portra and Fujipress are not, and they are pretty good.  As far as SLRs go,
the photoshops here in Ottawa are selling more and more of them.  They are
cheap when compared to DSLRs and let people get the feel of what DSLRs may
give.

As far as disposable are concerned, I suspect they are the most utilized
cameras on the planet, which should tell you something about how quickly
people will embrace digital over film.  Who wants to pay $600 for a basic
digcam and throw it away.  There is a reason these companies do not make
money on digcams.  People in general do not worry about something as
"trivial" as a camera.  They worry about their jobs, houses, car, etc.  That
is why disposables are soo popular.  Any hey, you can get some good pics
from them.

-Bill