RE: [OM] Re: 35mm film lost the battle against digital ? NO WAY

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: 35mm film lost the battle against digital ? NO WAY
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:43:20 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>People said VHS would die 10 yrs ago with DVD, it hasn't.<

Being reluctant to rush headlong into the embrace of the latest technology,
it's been only a couple of weeks since this household invested in a DVD
player.  While at a Best Buy picking up a couple of things to watch --
"Good Fellas," "Heat," "Reservoir Dogs" and "The Usual Suspects" for
starters -- a most authorative teenager, complete with embedded metal and
impregnated ink, sauntered up and informed me, "Hey, old dude, in two years
they ain't going to be no more movies out on video tape.  It's all going to
be on DVD.  Yer getting caught up, I see.  And Reservoir Dogs is awesome,
considering it's really ancient."

He may be right.  Out of the mouths of babes, despite the fact they are
metal-headed and tattooed, even we survivors of the last half of the 20th
Century may learn something.  Could happen.

And "Reservoir Dogs" is way too violent and bloody for normal people, so
don't take this as a recommendation.

Walt