Re: [OM] OM-2sp service question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2sp service question
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 17:13:49 -0500
Strange, really strange....  The 2s (and others, OM-10 and later models) uses
a different kind of clutch in the wind mech -- a sort of friction device that
can sometimes break.  With loose parts inside, it may grab one way but not
the other.  Or, as you've suggested, there may be some other loose part loose
inside, but the reliable nature of the problem makes that less likely --
after a while, you'd expect a loose part to migrate somewhere else where it
doesn't do that.  This is the sort of trouble that keeps this job
interesting!