Re: [OM] Those other 135mm lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Those other 135mm lenses
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 11:09:16 +0100
I had a Soligor 135/2.8, which I got fairly cheaply. It had loads of muck on the rear element but once I'd cleaned it up it was not an unacceptable performer. However, it fell apart after a few months use and the Zuiko 135/3.5 I bought to replace it is a far, far superior lens, and much better value for money - I paid 10 pounds for the Soligor and 40 pounds for the Zuiko.

ROger

plp@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Gary's tests don't include lots of non-Olympus telephoto
lenses (heck, he couldn't test everything). So, does a
general consensus exist on non-Olympus 135mm lenses?
What about the Sigma, Hoya, Vivitar, JC Penney, etc? Any
others worth mentioning?

Pete