Re: [OM] DVD success; digital versus film; "Office Space"

Subject: Re: [OM] DVD success; digital versus film; "Office Space"
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 06:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
Tom wrote:
>Am I the only one that doesn't own a DVD player?  Can't see
>any reason to. Don't rent movies -- I see them in the theatres.

Recently, my wife and I went to see that fantastic Soviet
Submarine movie--you know the one where people are cooking from
radiation...

Anyway, we are pretty hip when it comes to technology, but have
yet to get a DVD player.  Why?  Content.  There hasn't really
been a release that I've wanted to see in better detail than
what I've already seen it in.

So far, the only movies where the production quality was high
enough to really make me want to see them on DVD is "Space
Odessey" and the "Star Trek" movies.

When DVDs are less expensive and they record I'll buy one.
Until then, I'm perfectly content with my $59.95 VCR that I
bought last year that is far superior to ANY VCR that I've used
before.

Meanwhile, we borrow videotapes from friends and buy lots of
CDs.

AG