[OM] ( OM ) examination of transparencies of targets

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) examination of transparencies of targets
From: "Thomas A Simmons" <tasimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 07:10:40 -0700
Hi Brian,

  One alternative is to see if any of your friends have telescopes,
and borrow an eyepiece from them. Turn the eyepiece around to make
a nice magnifier.

  As far as the Edmund microscopes; they used to sell one that used
DIN microscope parts (much better glass all around) if this is what
they are still offering, go for it. All that said, however, Pentax
makes a 8 X 32 monocular that has a close up attachment, allowing
a 25 power (IIRC) microscope. Excellent performer, I use it to locate
pits in telescope mirrors while they are in work.

Tom
Tucson, AZ