Re: [OM] Rant (html)

Subject: Re: [OM] Rant (html)
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 11:27:44 -0700
on 10/9/02 8:20 AM, Mike at watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Instead of the rant trying to change human behavior and continued
>> unhappiness over the digest why not get the individual messages and
>> html will not be a problem......
>>
> Winsor, This is not feasible as i share an email address with the rest
> of the family. Besides, I like the digest format. Actually like
> yourself, most list members are conscious of the problem and snip.
> Unfortunately it only takes one or two to entirely fill up the digest
> (and the archives) with garbage. When I fire up the email reader and see
> 3+ digests instead of the normal 1-2 I know what to expect. Usually half
> get deleted. Too bad as this is an interesting forum. I guess i should
> have used a different subject line, something like "reminder" although
> at the time "rant" was more accurate. I've found that my occasional
> harping on the subject actually has beneficial results for a while.
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West

Mike -- Depending on your email client you should be able to configure it so
that all OM list individual emails wind up in a special folder... even
though you share the email address, your computer will sort the incoming
mail and route the OM list messages (which always start out [OM] in the
subject line, use that to set up the rule/message filter) so you could go
directly and first to the OM folder to read the really important messages
first... <g>. As it does this it will leave everyone elses messages in the
'inbox' and you will have your OM mail in its special folder, as individual
messages.
--

Jim Brokaw