Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses - Prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses - Prices
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 12:16:52 -0700
on 10/9/02 10:07 AM, Ian G Skelly at I@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Okay guys, hurt me. How big a mortgage increase do I need for a new 90 f2
> macro? Used perfect mechanical / optical would do.. I don't mind scruffy
> exterior at all as it'll soon get that way in my bag.

Clean used from ~$650 to $800, I think you can find new ones for ~$900+.

While it is a by all accounts fantastic lens, I'm not convinced that it is
worth 5x the cost of the several 90mm macro lenses by Tamron, Tokina, and
Vivitar that are readily available.

Of course, I still want one... finances won't permit it right now, but I do
still want one, even if it isn't 5x better... <sigh>
--

Jim Brokaw