[OM] Re: ( OM ) examination of transparencies of targets

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) examination of transparencies of targets
From: The Bobbs <thebobbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 18:34:46 -0600
Brian,

I used the RIT photo targets and a cheapy microscope (I forget how powerful) but the scope didn't cost more than a $20, new on eBay. It took some patience, but I was able to examine the slides/negs close enough to follow the instructions in their test kit.

Was a very educational experience w.r.t. difference in the sharpness of various f-stops, different kinds of lenses (including teleconverters). Also, the difference between mirror lock up (and not mirror lock up) was also usually quite measurable.

Stuart