Re: [OM] more on videodisks/worst photo things

Subject: Re: [OM] more on videodisks/worst photo things
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:56:11 -0700
on 10/9/02 1:17 PM, Winsor Crosby at wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> William wrote:
>

>> VHS is, IMNSHO, the very worst "successful" consumer product of all time.
>
> Just nosing out 8 track audio tapes, flash cubes and Kodak disk film.
> The last two make one wonder whether Kodak has produced more bad
> products than any other photo company.  Any nominations for other bad
> photo products?  The inflatable flash diffuser?
> --
> Winsor Crosby
> Long Beach, California

Actually, my opinion on the flash cube is that is was better than the
preceding flashbulbs, and the 'Magicube' that didn't require any power was a
pretty good idea. They packed a lot of light into a small package, had very
fast recycling time (for four shots) and didn't take up a lot of room.
Compared with contemporary electronic flashes, or a pocket full of AG-1B's
they worked pretty well.

They were never designed for 'serious' photographers, but I can think of
some features to put on a well-designed unit that would have some advantages
worth considering even now... if you could still get the cubes.
--

Jim Brokaw