Re: [OM] RE: OM-3T vs...

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: OM-3T vs...
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 01:26:42 -0700
At 01:18 AM 10/10/2002 -0700, dreammoose wrote:
Sounds like you might try an XA or one of the older fixed lens rangefinders like the Oly Rx series (or one of their contemporary competitors recently discussed here) to see if you like using a rangefinder for around the house and convention snapshots. The XA has a little lever on the bottom that increases exposure by 1.5 stops for backlighting compensation, very easy. I don't know if the others have such a thing.

On the 4 shots where the subject is underexposed, you may have some fine shots if you are judging from 4x6 prints from standard automated processing....

The XA is my first Olympus :-) I still have it, minus a working rewind crank. I have been thinking of getting another one just because it is so small...

re: shots
I shoot slides nowadays almost exclusively. I can probably rescue them by using photoshop and crank up the exposure gain in Nikonscan. It's just too bad that *I* should know better! Definitely don't want to use some sort of "smart" AE. I should be able to do that w/ the OM-4T's multi-spot system!

Thanks!