[OM] [OT] DVD's, Digital Revoltion, etc.

Subject: [OM] [OT] DVD's, Digital Revoltion, etc.
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:27:42 +0100
<snip>
One thing I've noticed in the last couple of years is the vast
improvement in the picture quality of many network shows. I assume this
is because they are being produced at HDTV quality with new equipment
and the difference shows even when downsampled for regular TV.
</snip>

You're lucky.  HDTV really hasn't taken off over here at all yet.  16:9,
yes, Digital, yes.  Don't know why we haven't embraced HDTV yet.  Maybe cost
?  Anyway, not even the Broadcast industry is using it (with a few small
exceptions - the "Robbie Williams at the Royal Albert Hall" DVD / TV
programme was recorded / mastered in HDTV).  I guess it turns the tables on
us Brits always taking the mick out of your "Never Twice Same Colour"
(sorry, Color) system !!  Lets hope we follow you guys into HDTV soon.

Jon