Re:[OM] more on travel

Subject: Re:[OM] more on travel
From: plp@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:25:22 GMT
Cc:
>>"The El Tovar at the south rim is one of the grand old national
>park lodges. Worth it for at least one night. At least eat there."

Absolutely true.

>Also, I forgot about haze. A UV filter is a waste, and a 1A isn't
>much better. I always travel to that area with an 81A for color,

Would you please explain your reasoning here?  The classic
application for a UV filter is at high altitudes, so why not use
it there?

I can understand using an 81A at high noon when the sun fades
out the rich red colors of the sandstone.  But do you use it as
an ersatz lens cover?

Pete