Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:52:21 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 plp@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> This is extremely interesting.  As John H. recently posted,
> almost all OM lenses are now discontinued.  As I seriously
> doubt if Olympus is keeping new lenses for use as spare parts,
> this means that there are no parts for many lenses anymore.
> Olympus' claim to provide service for 'X' years is disingenuous
> at best.

This isn't new, its been like this for the past few years.  Even before
the OM system was officially discontinued, it was getting hard to get many
of the parts for "current" lenses and bodies.  Nothing has really changed
except for the fact that the parts pool is getting smaller.  These days
one would be wise to check availablity of parts before purchasing any
"slghtly damaged" lenses.  You could very easily get stuck with a doorstop.
                                -mark