Re: [OM] sticky wind lever

Subject: Re: [OM] sticky wind lever
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:09:09 -0500
Just under the wind levers of the 4/4t/2s/3/3t/et al are two ball bearings that
provide the "offset" detent of the wind lever -- the "click" where the wind
lever is held out away from the body a little before it begins winding the
film.  If those balls, or more importantly the frame they sit in (they're
supposed to be stainless -- the frame is steel), get moist, they rust.  If you
want to try it, you can gently pry off the plastic cap over the top of the wind
lever (glue it back with three little dots of contact cement), and remove the
screw underneath.  Under the wind lever is a spacer and two ball bearings --
don't loose them!  They're probably a bit corroded -- if so, clean them and the
frame they sit in, then put a bit of grease in the holes where they sit (a pin
head will do, any kind of bearing grease will do fine, too) and replace.