RE: [OM] Fragility of flashes

Subject: RE: [OM] Fragility of flashes
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:13:52 -0400
On T-32's (the most common OM flash) The plastic cracks when they are
dropped.  And the feet break after too much stress of carrying the camera
by the flash or again, being dropped or hit.

I haven't ever had the electronics or flash tube die on me.  But if you get
the bulb to break, the flash is then a parts source, for sure.  They're too
cheap to re-buy vs. getting fixed, IMO.

In fact, I was in my local camera store a couple of weeks ago and the guys
were talking about this T-32 they bought in a kit and discussion whether or
not to get it fixed.  Thd consensus was to throw it away, as they'd never
be able to sell it.  So I said, "Hey, I'll take it".  The side of the flash
housing next to the tube was bent, so it wouldn't tilt for bouncing well.
So I just taped it straight and it works great with 4xAA's.  For FREE!

Skip