[OM] Scratch Build

Subject: [OM] Scratch Build
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:21:24 EDT
The thread on the OM-2S film advance friction clutch got me to wondering.
Could one replace the "stock" film advance on an OM-2S with the gear & pawl
mechanism from an earlier model?  Anyone ever scratch build/modify a camera
like this, substituting parts from other models, much in the way people build
up a bullet-proof Jeep from parts stretching across decades and multiple
models?

I know the circuit boards would limit the modifications to a great degree,
but what about the mechanical parts?  What fits across different models?
What doesn't?

A "bullet-proof" OM-2S with pawl & gear wind mechanism and battery-saving red
"flash ready" LED would be a beautiful thing.  Any other mods that might be
made?  Other models?

Rich