[OM] Discontinued Lenses & Doorstops

Subject: [OM] Discontinued Lenses & Doorstops
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:28:58 EDT
Speaking of doorstops, is there NO lens source -- anywhere -- that can
provide or produce a replacement lens element for ANY lens?  It would seem to
be rather simple and straightforward, what with modern computer-driven lens
manufacturing capabilities.  I suppose it would be cost prohibitive, on a
one-off basis.  And matching the multi-coat to original factory specs might
be tough.  And there are patent issues... But what do I know?

Is it the OTHER components of the lenses that make them "unrepairable" and
therefore doorstops?  Where there's a will, there's a way, no?

Rich