Re: [OM] 350/2.8 lensmount lock (and spare parts question)

Subject: Re: [OM] 350/2.8 lensmount lock (and spare parts question)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:28:47 -0700
-snip

Also the tripod mount/handle threads on one of the holes (there are four
tripod holes--this one just happens to be the one with the best balance
point) are stripping out. I guess a handle/tripod mount would be asking too
much--how best to fix? Perhaps some sort of helicoil? (What is the thread
for tripod mounts anyway?)

I know, I know...I shouldn't be using "antique equipment" for professional
use--but I like my OM gear and it works well for me.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com

I would do at least one professional thing and start using a quick release plate system. You need it if you are pulling out the threads. You could epoxy the QR plate into the appropriate hole. Secondarily you might be able to drill a second mount hole in the QR plate that would align with one of the other holes so that the weight is still centered where you want it.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California