Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Discontinued lenses
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:07:31 -0700
Clint:

It seems to me that parts (like a front lens element) would need to be
replaced more than some other parts. Will they end up with a warehouse
of front-elementless lenses?

After a certain number of years the auto makers sell the tooling for the
spare parts to third-party producers.  Any chance that Olympus would
sell their blueprints and tooling to someone?  Or, was it all
subcontracted out anyway?

Bill Stanke