[OM] ( OM ) Broken lensmount

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Broken lensmount
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:07:09 +1300
Mike wrote
> Anyway, some may recall my post a while back about the lock on my 350/2.8
> lensmount not securing the body (or 1.4XA) well any longer. A couple days
> ago I managed to drop my OM-4T w/MD2 body as a result and really want to fix
> this if possible. (The fall was not far and thankfully no harm was done.) I
> took
> apart a junker 50/1.8 I have but the lensmount parts do not appear to be
> interchangeable with those on the 350. I would prefer not so ship the 350 for
> repairs plus there really is not a long enough window of time I could be
> without
> it since I really have no backup for it.

Mike; been there, done that. It's like slipping on ice - they fall so quickly.

You had a lucky escape this time; next time may see a really crunched
Zuiko, and how will you feel then about your back-up lens?.

I say, take a break, or hire substitute gear; and courier it off for urgent
repair.
Chances are it's no big deal to repair the latch - but think about it - how
would you repair the barrel or the front element?

Brian