[OM] [OT] Copy Protection, Copywrite, etc.

Subject: [OM] [OT] Copy Protection, Copywrite, etc.
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:51:39 +0100
<snip>
The music industry has lost a golden opportunity to make inroads into
stopping the pirating of music.  I have already had to upgrade from record
to tape to CD.  Why should I have to pay 3 times for the rights to music?
This is why people are stealing music left right and centre.
</snip>

Agreed to some extent.  I make a point of not copying anything which is
commercially available (ie copying mates CD's, etc.), BUT if there is an
album I already own on Tape or LP, I will quite happily borrow a CD of it or
get one from the library and burn a copy for myself.  I have already paid
for the music.  Why pay again.  And if anyone queries me, well, I connected
my record player / tape player to my CD recorder.  I always keep the
original (Tape / CD) anyway, so they'd have to be really p****d at me to try
and prove where it was copied from.

Jon