RE: [OM] Ideal System Digicam

Subject: RE: [OM] Ideal System Digicam
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:24:45 -0400
Winsor,

I doubt whether Nikon wants to ramp up production of their MF lenses.  It's
easier to keep everyone onto autofocus lenses and the economies of scale
that it brings.

And to be honest, the MF market is VERY small in the grand scheme of camera
sales.  990f the picture-taking public don't know how, nor do they have
any desire to use a manual focus camera.

Actually, I think that the sales of the FM3a, the recent incarnation of the
FM, are very poor.  I've heard that Nikon is considering cancelling the
model.  They are $800.  One has sat in my local store for about a year,
unsold, while the high-end digital Prosumer CP5000, CP995, G2's, Nikon
N65's, Canon EOS Rebels, etc. disapper at a rapid pace.

But even with all this negative talk, I'd love to see just what you
suggest.  I'm just confident that it won't happen, do I'm trying to keep
myself from becoming delusional.

Skip