Re: [OM] ( OM) Query

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM) Query
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:19:09 +0200
On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:00:49 -0300
"Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I've seen on Gary's lens-test site where he has used the OM2000
> > quite a
> bit.
> >
> > Yet in the last digest somebody noted that it is a despised
> > camera. Is
> this
> > because it is a C*s*n* product, or are there deeper reasons?.
> >
> > This curious person wants to know.   Brian

<SNIP>

> No, the
> OM2000 is not for profesionals. But one thing I've learned from
> reading this list for well over a year now, every OM camera model
> breaks, wears out, short circuits, or needs repair from time to
> time. Well, maybe not the OM3ti.

I am wondering, how repairable is the OM2000 in the hands of the
pros, compared to e.g. the OM1? I would assume that there might be
more unrepairable things that could fail in an OM2000 than in an OM1.
Thinking about the unavailability of the circuit for OM2s/p's
rendering a dead OM2s/p into a doorstop, is the same not likely for
the OM2000?

Clint and John, ever opened an OM2000?

<SNIP>

  Thomas Heide Clausen