Re: [OM] Dead OM-2S Circuits

Subject: Re: [OM] Dead OM-2S Circuits
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:53:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/12/2002 4:14:19 PM Central Standard Time,
Doggre@xxxxxxx writes:

> Speaking of OM-2S circuits, how many on this list have ever actually
> experienced such a failure, or know firsthand of someone who has?

Yep, I bought a like new OM 2S a couple of years ago and it sat in my camera
closet for a good while. I would never use it as it was "like new" and I had
others of the same model that weren't LN.  I finally decided to sell it and
sold it to a list member, checking it out before I shipped it.  When it got
to the buyer, it was DOA. He shipped it back to me and I refunded his money.
Have just recently shipped it off to Clint to look at along with two others
and his diagnosis is one of "not worth fixing".  Well that was not exactly
what he said.  He apparently does have the circuits for the camera, however
the repair job would cost more than the body was worth.   So the answer is
yes I have had one die on me and this is my favorite OM which is why I have 6
more and don't plan or running out of functional ones in this lifetime.  Bill
Barber