Re: [OM] Dead OM-2S Circuits

Subject: Re: [OM] Dead OM-2S Circuits
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 16:36:36 +0200
On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:09:34 EDT
Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Speaking of OM-2S circuits, how many on this list have ever
> actually experienced such a failure, or know firsthand of someone
> who has?  I had a camera store owner comment that "they had
> problems with the circuits", but how much truth is in that?  Many?
> And of those that haven't been problematic, how many die from time
> to time, now?  In the approx. two years I've been on the
> list/digest, I don't recall hearing of anybody commenting, "Well,
> my OM-2S finally died."  Seem just like any other electronics, to
> me.  Some fail early on, for whatever reason.  Those that don't,
> normally work well for quite some time.

Well, I had my first OM2s/p for, say, 4 months, before the circuit
failed. Olympus replaced it. Then I had it 8 months, and had the
circuit fail again. Olympus repaired it. Then I've had it for 15-18
years by now, without any problems whatsoever.

My second OM2s/p has never showed any problems whatsoever.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx