Re: [OM] Length of 135/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Length of 135/2.8
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 17:46:17 +0100
Okay, now I have to know.  Which are the two exceptions, the
two shift lenses?

Pete

No, the shifts both take standard rear caps. The exceptions are the 135 and
80 auto macros, which have a deep rear cap to clear elements behind the
flange. If we were talking front caps, however, there would be the 8,16, 18
and 24 shift with non - standard caps, plus the differences between 49,55,72
and 100mm (never measured the thickness of these) and the >123mm covers for
the big white things. Are these leather hoods like they say, or something
else. I've never seen one.

Julian