Re: [OM] OM-2 circuitry

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 circuitry
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:09:41 -0500
The very earliest OM-2's (not 2s's!) used plain contacts on the meter
switch, which were prone to poor connections -- needle jumping, etc.
Later models used "gold" plated contacts which alleviated the problem.
To correct the problem with older models, you could install the newer
switch arm (plated) on the original circuit board (un-plated), or coat
the contact pads with "conductive grease".