[OM] Frequency of lens repairs

Subject: [OM] Frequency of lens repairs
From: plp@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:29:00 GMT
Cc:
Since we're having all of these threads on repairs, I have to
ask how often lenses need service.  Some situations are obvious,
like the aperture ring stops turning.  But what about regular
wear and tear?  Is it a good idea to have a lens CLRed if 'x'
particles of dust are inside it? (and what is 'x'?)  Since my
lenses may have to last forever, as used ones will be of lower
and lower quality as time goes on, I cannot afford to have one
destroyed by fungus.

Pete