[OM] ( OM ) not

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) not
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:18:31 +1300
Hi folks

We don't know how lucky we are, with our Zuikos.

I came back from the centre of town on the bus and a fellow traveller was one
of the (perhaps THE) local police photographer. He always has a Hasselblad
bag  for his bits and pieces so naturally I used to start talking to him, and
much later he said what his employment was.

Today, he said that they have several C*N*N EOS cameras, and they have
the autofocus lenses CLA'ed about 3 times year. They are worked fairly hard,
often in dusty  / wet conditions, and after a while they just get gummed up
with dust and moisture. The good bit is that the cost each time is only about
$NZ65 - = USD31.  He also said that one of the men in blue had dropped a
heavy set of keys down the front of a C*n*n 90mm macro so that the front
element was badly scratched. Replacement cost?  $NZ18 = USD 8.60  Like,
real expensive.

Imagine if you had to have your Zuikos CLA'ed 3 times a year just to keep
going !!

Brian