[OM] Rolls Royce Griffon & Hydroplanes Pics

Subject: [OM] Rolls Royce Griffon & Hydroplanes Pics
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 02:54:21 EDT
Lee wrote:

snip
>Any idea how far down the road we can expect to see these in the water?

Pro Lab told me they are running behind, and to check back early this week
for the prints, so cross your fingers for some Lake Chelan pics.  My first
attempt at photographing anything "flying by" at speed.  Hard to remember to
squeeeeeeze the shutter release when you are SO excited.  Hard to remember to
do anything but just stand there with your mouth open, grinning.  And I
wasn't even drinking beer, Walt!

I just read a new aluminum hull is about $500,000, Lycoming turbine engine
$35,000, props run $10,000 to $14,000 (I'm sure that is from the concept to
the CAD/CAM on up).  Makes a new-in-the-crate surplus Allison for an old wood
hull sound REAL appealling.

Rich