[OM][OT] Another summer gone

Subject: [OM][OT] Another summer gone
From: julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:51:22 +0100 (BST)
It started raining in the UK over the weekend. That's probably it until May or
June. My thoughts turned to all the things I said I'd do this summer - and
haven't.

All this talk of Merlin engines doesn't help! I live about 10 miles from both
Duxford and Old Warden. Have I visited either? No. I do get a regular Merlin
fix in the summer, as there are always plenty of strays from Duxford in the
sky, and several times a year I get to hear six or seven at the same time (when
the Battle of britain squadron goes over - a Lancaster (4) hurricane (1) and
either one or two Spitfires - depends where they're going and why)
Old Warden doesn't produce the goods over the house, unfortunately, as the
Shuttleworth collection is barely allowed to fly, allegedly. Seems like the
shows are mostly fast (?!) taxiing / short hop stuff, and never far from the
runway, let alone the perimeter, so I really need to go.
What else? Cambridge on the doorstep. In the right light, surely one of the
most photogenic cities. Too many tourists, haven't even been close this year.
Spent three weeks (as usual) between Monaco and St. Tropez, and visited neither.

Anyway, I bet I'm not entirely alone. Anyone else live near something that the
rest of us would *LOVE* to point a lens at, but never go?
PLEEEEASE tell me I'm not alone........

Julian