Re: [OM] 350/2.8 lensmount lock (and spare parts question)

Subject: Re: [OM] 350/2.8 lensmount lock (and spare parts question)
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:01:45 -0500
The body latches for the 350 and 250 were rather weak -- there's a separate
plate attached to the tab you press to unlock the lens, and this plate
bends/wears out.  Replacements seem to be available -- part #CA066100 -- but
you'll have to remove and disassemble the mount to install it.  That should
clear up the problem with locking onto a body/teleconverter.

The stripped tripod frame is a different story.  The individual part may be
available, but it isn't shown in the "book".  ZJ169500 is the big ring that
surrounds the body, and CE607500 is the "L"-piece that attaches to it.  Check
with Olympus/parts -- you might get lucky!

Or send it to Oly for their flat rate repair of $300-$2100!