RE: [OM][OT] Another summer gone

Subject: RE: [OM][OT] Another summer gone
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:50:52 +1000
> julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Anyway, I bet I'm not entirely alone. Anyone else live near
> something that the rest of us would *LOVE* to point a lens
> at, but never go?
> PLEEEEASE tell me I'm not alone........

Weeeeell, okay, I admit that on weekends I walk the dogs around
Mrs Macquaries Chair which looks across to the Sydney Opera
House, and occasionally walk them around the forecourt of the
Opera House. We've been a couple of times up to Observatory
Hill which is a quiet park next to the Harbour Bridge with the
"dooglies" too. We walk through Hyde Park in the city. One of
the advantages of being 15 minutes walk into the city.

Almost all of these I've never taken a camera, and I have to
admit that in my lifetime I've never been inside the Opera
House. I've driven past Bondi Beach once. I always *mean* to
take photos, but I've not never got around to it.

I was completely averse to taking a photo of the Opera House
for the "architecture" TOPE shot and I don't know why (probably
because of expectation), and end up not taking anything.

Shamefacedly,
Marc
Sydney, Oz